To £70,000 + bonus + benefits
19 days ago
Sitting firmly within the FTSE Top 10, this high performing multi-national has over 30,000 employees and several market leading brands in its portfolio. Born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy and now with operations in the UK, across Europe, Asia and the US, this organisation has millions of customers worldwide.
As part of this newly created role, you will be at the forefront of how the Group responds to the ‘digitisation’ of tax across the globe.
Working closely with Group Tax, various commercial operations, group markets and senior stakeholders - to establish a global tax governance framework and drive greater efficiency. Focusing on strengthening tax analytics capabilities to ensure readiness for future risk and compliance challenges. You will be an advisor and ambassador to the global team on all aspects of tax transformation, risk management and governance.
- Reporting to the Head of Tax, you will assist in managing a newly created transformation team, to establish efficient and effective governance for the tax compliance and reporting processes globally
- Challenge and embed a comprehensive tax governance process across the Group and via the implementation of a clear Tax Governance Policy, Tax Risk Management Framework and Tax Operating Models
- Conduct a full review of the current tax processes and controls and advise on in-house Tax transformation agenda to establish a global control framework to drive consistency and efficiency in all tax advisory and compliance processes across all taxes
- Conduct a full review of the year-end tax reporting process, including the group consolidation and preparation of disclosure notes for the Annual Report & Accounts
- Develop and embed a comprehensive year-end tax reporting timetable, which will detail the tasks required from businesses in Group tax teams in order to meet the deadlines of wider Finance.
- Assist with process redesign including full documentation of the end to end year-end tax reporting process and sub processes, including strengthened controls & governance and sign off process.
- Ensure all tax processes are standardized, driving simplification and efficiency, improving quality to reduce errors & penalties, driving effectiveness
- Advise the Group on how to prepare for ‘digitisation’ of tax management and changing tax technology landscape
- Review the current processes within tax software and challenge the outputs and reports which have been defined
- Identify additional opportunities to leverage the technology/systems across all taxes. Work with Group Tax, finance, IS teams and external advisors to identify areas for systems/process improvement. Implement additional or new tax technology/software
- Define and execute a roadmap for process standardisation, automation and the transition of resources to the new tax operating model across Group Tax
- Advising on and establishing responsibilities for all team members involved in global tax transformation initiative. Embed tax risk management culture within tax teams and relevant non-tax teams, with training and presentations
- Help define process performance metrics and to ensure these are delivered across end to end process
- Proven Tax process and control experience across multiple territories
- Experience with tax process improvement and tax transformation
- Significant management experience
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Experience with data management/manipulation desirable
- Tax reporting skills desirable
- Mixed tax exposure desirable
- Willing to take occasional short trips to EU
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Car allowance
- Exceptional pension
- Flexible working
- Team management
For a confidential discussion contact Alin Brekke at Nebula Partners: