7 days ago
Goldman Sachs International
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Do you want to be part of a team that produces thought-leading research? If you are intellectually curious, creative and analytical we have entry level opportunities in our Global Investment Research division that will allow you apply these skills to add value to our clients.
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You’ll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
Goldman Sachs’ Global Investment Research produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies in more than 25 stock markets and 50 economies and regions around the world. The Global Investment Research division delivers value-added research to clients in the equity, fixed income, currency and commodities markets. Our clients use these insights and investment ideas to develop their strategies.
The successful candidate would be working closely with senior analysts in sector teams within our Equity Research department to analyse companies and stocks within the sector and the factors that affect the industry as a whole.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Researching and critically analysing market information
- Auditing company and industry data and statistics
- Assisting in compilation and writing of thematic sector and company research reports and investment recommendations for our clients
- Building and maintaining financial models using advanced Excel
- Prepare pre-results and post results updates on companies
- Develop relationships with internal and external clients including company IR departments
- Handling requests for information from clients and other Goldman Sachs divisions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Keen interest in the financial markets
- Strong quantitative and analytical
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - both verbal and written
- Experience in excel and working with financial models an advantage
- Bachelor degree or the equivalent required, no specific discipline required
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.