£55000 - £65000 per annum
14 days ago
Fund Financial Controller - Real Estate PE - OUR CLIENT is a real estate and private equity investment management company with a UK focus. They are responsible for generating and managing core assets on behalf of their investors and have continued to announce solid performance. They have recently instructed us to help them source a new Fund Financial Controller.
THE ROLE will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Carrying out fund modelling, forecasting and deal/fund investment appraisals.
- Preparing quarterly NAV statements.
- Calculating IRR's for new projects.
- Supporting the setup of new funds.
- For relevant Fund SPV's, Limited Partners, General Partners, Onshore & Offshore Feeder Funds, FSA Regulated entities, Project/Asset Management entities:
- Maintaining up-to-date financial records, payments, receipts and collection, bank reconciliations, journal entries, accruals/prepayments, fixed assets investments, payroll and VAT returns.
- Managing the bank accounts on a daily basis as well as other cash balances.
- Preparing financial statements in accordance with month/year end timetables.
- Liaising with Auditors to ensure statutory financial reporting and tax returns (both Resident and Non-Resident) are correct and filed before the deadline.
- Preparing cash flow, P&L and Balance Sheet forecasts as required.
- Ensuring deal co-investment is correctly recorded and that intercompany balances are recorded correctly, and verified at regular intervals with the parties involved.
- Providing timely and insightful commercial analysis and reporting to facilitate decision-making.
- Handling bank debt covenant reporting.
- Working alongside the Finance team, as well as other internal/external contacts to contribute to the development of finance processes.
- Offering ad hoc support as and when required.
THE PERSON: To apply, you will be a commercial-minded qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA) with good knowledge of UKGAAP and IFRS reporting standards, as well as ideally possessing a working knowledge of INREV standards for fund reporting. As a minimum it is essential that you have property fund experience with a proven history of conducting modelling, forecasting, reporting and analysis. You will be experienced with accounting systems as well as having strong Excel skills. You will be strong technically with solid accounting and regulatory knowledge and possess proven experience of managing external relationships e.g. external auditors with strong communications skills and initiative; being comfortable taking on new tasks or developing new processes.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook