City of London, London
£60000 - £70000 per annum
22 days ago
Fund Accountant/ Manager - Real Estate. Our Client is a pan-European real estate investment management company with a track record of producing results for a number of investors. They handle all the tax, fund accounting, asset management and much as a one-stop shop to the investors. They are now looking for a Fund Accountant/Manager to join them for 6 months.
The Role will require one to fulfil the following duties:
- Reviewing the local 'prop co' accounts, the holding companies within the structure with the Finance Manager.
- Assisting with the review of the consolidated accounts and signing off before inclusion in the reporting.
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts.
- Reviewing specific financial balances within the consolidated accounts.
- Reviewing standalone accounts.
- Providing argument for implementation and interpretation of reporting standards.
- Reviewing elements of the INREV NAV / NAV calculations.
- Writing the financial commentary.
- Being the financial representative for the fund for both the client services team and investors.
- Assisting with cash management and banking including payments, bank reconciliations, calculation of intercompany interest payments and bank reporting.
- Working with the tax team and portfolio managers during transactions.
- Ensuring that all required companies and tax filings are done on a timely manner.
- Assisting with the management of the tax structure and tax reporting of the funds.
The Person must be a qualified accountant (ACA/CA), ideally from a top 4 firm of accountants with real estate/real estate fund accounting experience. Strong technical accountings skills are needed as they are looking for someone to hit the ground running. This role will allow one to develop an understanding of the fund tax structures and set ups. The applicant will develop an awareness of IFRS and other standards as relevant to the industry. It will be helpful if the successful applicant has experience / knowledge of VAT, IFRS/GAAP and other tax experience. This is a good opportunity to work with a global real estate investment management company.
Please only apply if you are available at short notice for a 6 month contract.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook