City of London, London
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus
4 days ago
Real Estate - Funds - Our Client is an international real estate fund who are in the processing of growing their market share. As a result, they are now seeking a Fund Accountant or Controller to join their team and take ownership of the fund accounting for a portfolio of entities and assist within the transactional side of the business as well.
The Role will include but will not be limited to:
- Preparing and reviewing all fund accounting work, liaising regularly with off-shore and local service providers.
- Ensuring funds and SPVs comply with key operating procedures and requirements set by auditors and regulatory authorities, proposing improvements where appropriate.
- Working with the fund and SPV service providers, including administrators, depositaries, custodians, auditors, tax advisors and other professional advisors.
- Developing and reviewing procedures and checklists of tasks to be performed by service providers.
- Monitoring the performance of service providers, including service levels and costs.
- Preparing underlying data for quarterly/annual reports: fund (administrator liaison), portfolio performance, asset information.
- Carefully monitoring fund and SPV liquidity and manage internal and external processes (approvals, documentation, FX) required to fund transactions, provide on-going liquidity and repatriate cash.
- Overseeing and managing of the corporate and tax structure of the fund and its existing investments, including tax compliance.
- Maintaining a dashboard of key performance metrics to monitor activity and progress against fund and individual asset plans and forecasts on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Preparing and reviewing the fund level cash-flow forecast on a monthly basis.
- Reviewing and inputting into financial models prepared to ensure accurate and real time IRR calculations and other fund statistics.
- Quarterly fund reporting to investors, bank reporting, annual accounts, statutory accounts, budgeting and resolving ad-hoc investor queries.
- Supporting the process of drawdowns from and distributions to investors, as well as bank drawdowns.
- Assisting with fund raising due diligence requests to ensure accuracy and completeness of information provided.
- Supporting any Investor Relations work, helping with any ad hoc LP queries on accounting, investments, fund performance etc. ensuring they receive appropriate and timely response.
Transactions / Investment
- Supporting the finance / investment team in financial and tax structuring work for transactions (including acquisitions, restructurings, disposals).
- Assisting in supporting transaction execution, in particular those of a corporate nature, from a tax and finance standpoint.
- Managing existing debt finance agreements; monitoring compliance with covenants related to debt facilities and oversee reporting to lenders.
- Working on the mechanics with Aztec of on-boarding, servicing and off-boarding of investors.
- Reviewing financial information prepared in support of the quarterly/annual valuations and investment budgeting process.
- Preparing financial data packs for AGMs, quarterly advisory board meetings, etc.
- Assisting the FD to ensure that appropriate analysis is carried out to highlight trends, predict opportunities and identify risks, particularly in relation to off-shore structures, regulation and governance. Recommend actions to be taken.
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects as required by the FD/Leadership team.
The Person: To apply, you will ideally be 'big 4' qualified, (ACCA considered), and possess at least 2-5 years' post qualified experience within private equity / real estate sectors. Additionally, you MUST have extensive knowledge of IFRS and various European GAAPs and an in depth knowledge of pan-European Fund Structures. The candidate should be robust, driven and have a strong work ethic and be able to muck in when necessary, being able to keep calm in a dynamic environment. It would be a value add if candidates did any European languages.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.