FS Audit Assistant Manager - Leeds
|Job Title:||FS Audit Assistant Manager - Leeds|
|Job Published:||November 01, 2018 09:56|
We are currently looking for a qualified accountant at Assistant Manager Level to join our thriving Financial Services Audit department in Leeds.
KPMG is one of the leading Audit and Assurance practices in the UK whose success and reputation depends upon the quality and integrity of our services - and our people. As a member of our team you will benefit from extensive training and education to keep you up to speed with current changes in regulation, accounting and auditing standards.
As an Assistant Manager you will be expected to lead the delivery of audit and assurance engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in IFRS and UK GAAP, and experience of FCA CASS rules is also preferable. You are required to possess well developed supervisory skills, including coaching and project management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include planning and completion of audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff.
- Keeping Managers and Partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
- Preparing reports to senior client management and audit committees.
- On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for the client.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and helping to identify sales opportunities within your client base.
Qualifications and Skills
The Assistant Manager candidate will meet the following criteria
- Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA. (or equivalent) is essential.
- Significant audit experience (preferably in Financial Services) is essential, with practical experience gained in a ‘Big 4’ Accountancy firm desirable.
- Experience of working on insurance audits is desirable.
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
- You will possess well developed supervisory and coaching skills and have the ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and through written media) with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
FS Audit Assistant Manager
FS Audit Senior Manager
FS Audit Manager
Audit Manager - FS Specialist
City of London, London
£60000 - £75000 per annum + season ticket loan, flexible working
Audit Seniors & Audit Assistant Managers - FS