Freelance Subject Matter Expert
|Job Title:||Freelance Subject Matter Expert|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Hatch|
|Job Published:||September 14, 2018 12:45|
Freelance Subject Matter Expert
Who we are
The BPP Professional Education Group is a global education provider delivering world-class professional qualifications. The group delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes and professional qualifications across the UK, internationally and through innovative online learning platforms
What you’ll do
You will write and produce educational materials for accounting qualifications (devising, planning, writing, updating and editing) in accordance with the timescales contained in the production plan.
You will ensure that material produced meets customers’ needs and leads the market in technical and typographical accuracy and educational effectiveness.
We are particularly interested at this time in applications from those with expertise in Financial Management, Management Accounting and banking, but applications from those with any area of expertise are welcome.
Responsibilities will include:
- To devise, plan, write, edit and/or proof new products within area of own subject specialism. Products to be produced in line with agreed product specifications and user demands, ensuring that the titles are accurate, concise, effective and user-friendly - and will be regarded as the definitive product by our markets.
- To update, revise, edit and/or proof existing products within area of own subject specialism. Products to be produced in line with agreed product specifications and user demands, ensuring that the titles are accurate, concise, effective and user-friendly - and will be regarded as the definitive product by our markets.
- To ensure that all products are written in good, clear, concise English, bearing in mind also the needs of those customers for whom English is a second language. To produce products in accordance with relevant templates and house style and to ensure they are structured to meet students’ needs, are technically accurate and educationally effective.
- To take full responsibility for the technical and stylistic quality of each product worked on.
- To conduct timely, thorough and effective technical and quality checks when designated as the technical or quality checker for a product.
- To suggest and/or contribute to the development of product specifications and quality standards when requested.
- To adhere to BPP quality standards in terms of implementing product specifications (including use of features) and ensuring quality of execution in terms of technical and typographical accuracy.
- Qualified through ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, ICAS, CTA or equivalent
- Previous experience of producing educational content for students of accounting qualifications
- Experience of writing assessments for accounting students desirable
- The ability to write clear, concise, well-written and grammatically correct material
- Explain technical topics clearly, concisely and freshly using different media and adapt material to suit different audiences
- Produce top quality written work to specifications and to tight deadlines
- Good project management skills
- Proactive and self motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management
- An eye for detail