Leeds, West Yorkshire
£30000 - £40000 per annum
14 days ago
This role will work closely with the Commercial Director, to improve reporting and information practices, as well as supporting Group reporting and analysis.
Our clients are a Private Equity backed business within the IT sector. They have shown considerable growth over the past few years, through organic expansion and acquisition. The business has a turnover of c£100mil and are continuing to grow.
- Assisting with the production of forecasts, budgets and long-range plans and analysis
- Assisting with the review of current reporting practices, make and implement recommendations for significant improvement
- Working closely with Financial and Management Accounts and operational teams across the business in order to anticipate business needs and provide enhanced financial information to the Board
- Assist in the design, implementation and execution of the annual budget process and forecasts
- Develop high quality financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Analyse the financial results with respect to performance against budget/forecasts
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analysing variances to plan
- Support Financial and Management Accounts analysing and reporting on monthly financial performance
- Identify improvements to the current management information reporting, budgeting and financial systems
- Experience in a similar role
- Strong commercial acumen combined with robust numerical and analytical skills
- Tableau reporting experience preferable
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Articulate with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Ability to use initiative, anticipate issues and develop practical solutions in a collaborative manner
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Passionate about providing support to the business; drive and enthusiasm to use management reporting to identify and deliver financial and operational improvements
- Opportunity to gain experience within a fast-paced, PE-backed environment.
- The chance to make a tangible different to a business in a newly created, commercial role.
- Exposure to the CFO and direct reporting line to the FD.
- A role that is designed to grow as the business grows, meaning you can gain additional experience and progress your career without having to make another move in the future.
- Attractive Leeds location with very easy access to the motorways.
- 25 holidays (plus stat and rising to 28 over service) + 3 extra days/ year to be spent training in an area of your choice. This is a business focussed on continuous development.