City of London, London
bonus & bens
14 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Rare opportunity in market-leading boutique to convert your audit/accounting career to Disputes and Valuations
Your new company
The market-leading Forensic independent, this firm have a number of Experts highly regarded on the world stage. They attract work across a vast range of disputes and international arbitration, including contractual/commercial, financial services, construction/infrastructure, disputed transactions, competition matters, energy, treaty disputes, contentious valuations and much more.
Your new role
Working across much of the above, you'll be given full training on the job for your conversion to Forensic Accounting. Around 90% of your role will be working on and supporting cases generated from the CIS. Occasional travel to the region will be required; these are usually short in duration.
In detail, your role could include all or some of the following:
- Principles of causation of damages (e.g. loss of profits, compensable costs, breach of warranties, misrepresentation, interest calculations)
- Valuation and finance concepts (e.g. cost of capital, risk adjusted discount rates)
- Modelling, testing, documenting financial scenarios and anticipating challenges
- Analysing strengths/weaknesses of opposing cases, formulating alternative damage scenarios and advising on strategic implications
- Different dispute resolution mechanisms (e.g. trial, civil hearing, mediation, arbitration, regulatory/competition tribunals)
- Sale and purchase agreements, completion accounts, expert determination and transaction related disputes
- Review of policies and procedures, internal processes and controls
- Preparation of forensic/expert witness reports including review, analysis and verification of evidence
- Liaising with clients, in-house counsel, external legal teams, witnesses, other experts, and regulatory enforcers
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong academic record
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA) active studier or qualified
- Background in external or internal audit.
- Fluent Russian and English language spoken and written
- Ability to communicate efficiently with Project Management and with existing & prospective clients, their consultants and legal teams in their native language (Russian)
- Experience of understanding, digesting, explaining, analysing company accounts and financial information
- Ability to work under pressure and to multiple deadlines
What you'll get in return
High calibre work, equivalent to Big 4 or major international firm. A career trajectory only limited by ability or ambition. And a firm which has a proven track record of developing future Experts.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.