City of London, London
8 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Market Leading Forensic Conversion Opportunity
Rare opportunity for new ACA to capitalise on their audit training and convert to this fast-growth discipline.
Your new company
This valued and longstanding Hays client is about to be ready to look at taking on an ACA for Forensic Accounting conversion.
Recognised as a market leader in their field, this specialist firm have a reputation for enviable quality work, diversity of caseload, respected and longstanding names in the industry and a staff retention record to be contended with! Their independence and conflict-free status enables them to be selective as to the instructions they take on and ensures variety and quality of casework. The firm are highly democratic and opinions are sought and valued from every member of staff, fee-earning and non-fee-earning. You'd be working with a wide variety of backgrounds, from Big 4 to mid-tier/smaller firm and will be contributing from a very early stage.
Your new role
In any one year a newly converted ACA could experience international arbitration, bi-lateral treaty disputes, infrastructure disputes, breaches of contract/transactional disputes, competition issues, contentious valuations, professional negligence and much more across a wide range of litigation, investigations and expert witness instructions. At newly qualified level you'd be interacting with these by assisting in the preparation of expert witness and advisory reports, including report drafting and calculations/data analysis. As you become more experienced you'll be contributing ever more significantly to reports (and therefore the firm's formal opinion on these matters) and on smaller matters start to run the case and draft opinion.
What you'll need to succeed
You'll be a recently qualified ACA with a strong interest in Forensic Accounting. If you are not sure what it could add to your career please contact me for a discussion and plenty of further information/market context. But if you recognise yourself in the following description, it's a promising start!
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to spot the unusual, and tenacity to discover the cause
- Willingness to look at detail, without missing or losing the 'big picture'
- Readiness to accept that everything one does will be challenged.
- Confidence to handle confrontation, pressure and deadlines.
- A great communicator who can draft a persuasive and well-reasoned argument.
- Excellent academic record
What you'll get in return
The size of the firm and teams on cases gives you greater exposure to clients and their lawyers, as well to all stages of the dispute process, which you can experience cradle-to-grave (initial discussions to assessment of loss and on to final resolution.) As well as this:
- High calibre clients and cases, from across a wide range of industry sectors and jurisdictions
- Working with people who love what they do!
- Support in business development and building/capitalising on your connections
- A genuine upward momentum for progression - they'll help you as far up as you and your ambition/ability want to go!
- Flexible working conditions
- The bonus/overall package is highly competitive by industry standards
What you need to do now
If needed I am happy to supply further information on Forensic conversion/career trajectories within it, and of course the firm themselves.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.