|Job Title:||Forensic Accountant|
|Job Published:||September 07, 2018 15:00|
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is responsible for promoting transparency and integrity in business. We are the UK Competent Authority for audit and set the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for accounting, auditing and actuarial work. We monitor and take action to promote the quality of corporate reporting and operate independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. Further information about the role of the FRC can be found at www.frc.org.uk.
The FRC’s Enforcement Division is the independent disciplinary body for the accountancy and actuarial professions in the UK. It undertakes complex professional disciplinary investigations and prosecutions in cases involving accountants, accountancy firms and actuaries which raise important issues affecting the public interest in the UK.
We are seeking three Forensic Accountants to join our small team of experienced case lawyers and forensic accountants led by the Executive Counsel.
The role involves assisting in the investigation of breaches of regulations and potential misconduct on the part of accountants, accountancy firms or actuaries.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Identifying sources of evidence and requesting provision of documentation and information
- Working with internal experts to identify relevant accounting, audit, actuarial or professional standards, and ensuring a thorough understanding of technical issues
- Conducting the review of material obtained in the course of the investigation including use of electronic search platforms
- Preparation and conduct of formal investigatory interviews
- Preparation of objective reports of investigation findings
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with significant forensic accounting experience, who understands the requirements of working in a multi-disciplinary team in a contentious legal environment. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to identify key investigative issues
- Ability to explain complicated technical concepts to non-finance professionals
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Accurate, organised and able to manage large volumes of data efficiently
- Enthusiastic and flexible, with a good team player ethic
The role is based in our Central London Office. The post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team’s activities and also provide cover within the FRC as necessary.
Rewards and benefits
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, discretionary annual bonus and 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
- The FRC has a strong work/ life balance ethos.
If you are interested, please apply with a copy of your CV together with a covering letter. In the covering letter, please:
- set out, by reference to the person specification above, how you meet the required skillset
- confirm that you have the right to work in the UK
- confirm your current package and benefits, and
- tell us where you heard about this job
Please note that we can only accept applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
The FRC is an Equal Opportunities employer
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's