£55,000 - £62,000
2 days ago
We are currently working on an exciting internal audit role within the Public Sector and are interested in speaking with candidates who are ACA/ACCA/CPFA qualified with solid SAP and Oracle system exposure.
- In this role you will be expected to spend most of your time applying your knowledge of financial systems such as SAP and Oracle and your analytical skills to build and implement analytical tools to support our range of assurance work.
- You will join the Data Analytics Research Team, working with a team of data analysts and data scientists to develop and deliver analytical tools for our financial audit practice, alongside ad-hoc support for internal teams. Supervision of junior staff and some project management of analytical projects is expected, along with delivery of training, and review and quality assurance of work completed.
- You will be responsible for auditing the accounts of various public sector bodies, examining the propriety of government spending, assessing risks to financial control and accountability, and reviewing the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of programmes, projects and activities.
- Lead/assist in the identification and documentation of financial systems and their control points
- Supervise junior staff conducting analysis
- Design and implement solutions such as frameworks, data models, visualisation and other analytical tools and applications in conjunction with data scientists
- Conduct first level review of client deliverables
- Ensure adherence to NAO Quality and Risk Management procedures and responsibility for the quality of analytical tools and applications
- Innovate and generate ideas to improve the efficiency of projects and client experience
- Research new tools and applications
- Deliver training to upskill existing staff in key financial systems concepts
- Provide written and oral briefings to managers and senior staff
- Experience of working as a financial auditor, with an accounting qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CPFA. CISA-qualification is desirable but not essential.
- A solid grounding in controls-based auditing, SAP and Oracle auditing and IT Controls auditing experience is required;
- Experience of applying Data Analytics methods to this framework would desirable but not essential.
- Prior experience of documenting and analysing Financial Systems and control processes.
- Manage small teams of analysts and coach junior staff in developing their skills
- Experience auditing complex financial systems such as SAP and Oracle.
- Experience with Data Visualisation tools (Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview etc)
- Experience with programming languages, preferably R or Python 5
- Experience with Git
- Good data manipulation skills required including cleaning and managing data
- Good experience in an analytical/algorithm/data/software development role
If this role is of interest, please apply with your most updated CV.