Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£35000.00 - £42000.00 per annum + Bonus
12 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
12 MONTH FTC - FINANCIAL/MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT - SHEFFIELD- c£40k + RETENTION BONUS
Your new company
Hays are working with a reputable and forward thinking business who are the leading provider of services within their specialised market. As a company they provide the best possible outcomes for their employees and customers, by investing in new technology, and developing the careers of their employees.
Your new role
The role is a 12 month FTC and will provide support to Financial Controller (FC) in ensuring accuracy, integrity and development of the business' financial reporting. Your key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for cash management across three legal entities including variance reporting and weekly cash forecasting.
- Attend and contribute to the weekly cash calls with stakeholders across the Company.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the AP & cash teams within the company
- Support the FC with the month end close process for three legal entities, and all reporting to group including 5 year plan submissions and the company's annual budget.
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed and points actioned on a monthly basis to a level sufficient to satisfy a statutory audit.
- Contribute to the design and creation of a month end reporting pack.
- Ensure compliance with HMRC requirements, tax pack submissions, VAT and other statutory compliance requirements.
- Responsible for reducing the number of outstanding ATR's.
- Understand, document and review the key financial processes and controls within the Company, making suggestion for improvement and aligning with best practice where appropriate.
- Support the FC in establishing a finance function at Head Office and driving a culture of openness and integrity through the business' monthly reports and submissions to group.
- Preparation of month end management accounts and reports including required journals.
- Project work on system upgrades and developments as required.
- Management of adhoc BACS/CHAPS requests.
- Provide cover for critical activities carried out by other team members.
- Other ad hoc duties. What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role you will have ideally experience including;
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with proven track record of preparing statutory accounts and statutory audits of large companies/groups.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with wide range of people and groups.
- Experience of managing conflicting and competing priorities effectively.
- Experience of integrated accounting software
- Microsoft Office (including advanced Excel skills)
- Experience of preparation of statutory accounts, tax returns, VAT returns.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary of c£40k + retention bonus including 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, Enhanced Pension Plan, Private Health Single Cover, Life Assurance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.