£48900 - £51800 per annum
9 days ago
Drive forward cultural change to positively impact the organisation and its customers.
Work closely with the CFO and other senior stakeholders to positively improve the lives of the organisations customers
My client is a local authority going through a positive culture change under an ambitious and driven CFO.
Your main duties within this role will be:-
- To support the Chief Finance Officer in delivering a balanced and sustainable Medium Term Financial Strategy.
- To support the Chief Finance Officer in securing sound financial management across the organisation.
- To manage the financial and capital accounting functions, ensuring that all statutory reporting requirements and deadlines are met.
- To be responsible for the efficient and effective operational service delivery and quality provision of all other financial services, including; management accounting, treasury management, creditors, debtors, banking, insurance and VAT.
- To manage the day to day operation of the Financial Services Team.
- To provide high quality financial advice, support and technical guidance, together with innovative financial solutions and strategies in order that informed and timely decisions can be made by officers and Elected Members.
- To be the organisations Deputy S151 Officer and act on behalf of the Chief Finance Officer at internal/external meetings.
The successful candidate will be fully qualified , holding either CIPFA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA. It is not essential to have worked in this sector previously , however it is a huge plus to my client if you have.
So if you have held a similar role, hold CIPFA and have experience of managing a similar finance function within an identical or similar environment I want to hear from you.
Maybe you are currently working in a more junior role and now feel you are ready to step up, again I want to hear from you.
On a personality level you must be highly credible, driven, ambitious and a real people person. If you have managed a small finance team/ function previously, this is again a huge plus for my client.
On offer is the opportunity to impact the organisations strategy going forward. You will have the real opportunity to not only build the strategy alongside the CFO but also implement and deliver it via your team.
This truly is an opportunity to positively impact the lives of the local community.
On top of this is a fantastic working environment and culture. The client is also offering a fantastic base salary of £48,900 to £51,800.
If this sounds like the type of role you would be interested in please do apply via this page.