£70000 - £75000 per annum
19 days ago
This is an opportunity to join one of the largest campany's in the shipping sector. The role allows you to get heavily involved in the day to day running of the finance function.
My client is a UK based owner and operator of a growing fleet of product and chemical tankers. The company runs a fleet of tankers focusing on the clean petroleum products trade in West Africa, as well as a number of tankers trading in the international markets. They provide their clients with secure, efficient, cost effective and flexible transportation of refined petroleum products and vegetable oils.
- Assist the Group Financial Controller in performing financial due diligence on new investments and
- Ad hoc projects and other tasks as advised by the Group Financial Controller.
- Review of the company trial balances, consolidations, board reporting packs and management accounts for key business groups;
- Supervise the financial reporting and fleet accountants to ensure reporting deadlines are met;
- Review and monitoring of cashflow forecasts and budgets;
- Review of annual group financial statements reporting under IFRS;
- Reviewing financial loan covenants and submitting to banks;
- Preparation of accounting memoranda for complex transactions, including the accounting implications under IFRS; and
- Managing and overseeing the audit process including agreeing timetables and ensuring timely delivery of audit information.
- Monitoring their derivatives exposure (FFAs, options, FX contracts and interest rate swaps) and assisting the CFO in hedging their open positions;
- Documenting group financial risks and controls and updating their risk register;
- Documenting processes and controls for new sub-divisions.
- Qualified ACA or equivalent with a minimum of 4 years' post qualification experience;
- Strong technical accounting skills including knowledge of reporting under IFRS;
- Experience of managing a team;
- Demonstrates willingness to take ownership and accountability;
- Strong interpersonal skills with good written and oral communication;
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail;
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to finding solutions;
- Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines;
- Good organisation skills, systematic and process driven;
- Advanced Excel and data analytics skills; and
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications including, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- 22 days Holiday Allowance + Bank Holidays
- Annual Discretionary Bonus
- Company Pension: UML will match the employee contribution at 3%
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Allowance Increase: After 2 years of continuous service you will be given an extra one day holiday per year- capped at 28 days
- Free eye test
- Employee Assistance Program: External counselling & advice for personal well-being including 1 on 1 sessions, a helpline and online support
Working Week 8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday with 1 hour for lunch.