Manchester, Greater Manchester
11 days ago
A superb oppoprtnity to join one of the North-West's most forward thinking businesses. This is a perfect role for a Big4 ACA to make the move from Practice and begin their career in idustry
- Responsibility for the leading the planning & preparation of all annual statutory accounts, and quarterly external reporting to agreed deadlines and periodic financial reporting to support treasury transactions, including stakeholder management required to deliver the additional reports for the group's glossy accounts.
- Responsible for day-to-day engagement with external audit, planning and timing of statutory accounts audit work and managing the interaction with the delivery of statutory reporting.
- Plan and co-ordinate delivery of financial reporting with a range of stakeholders, including those areas which input into the process
- Co-ordinate with more senior stakeholders to ensure that documents are reviewed and that feedback is tracked and incorporated.
- Responsible for drafting of papers for the Group FD, Audit and Risk Committee and External Auditors on certain key areas of judgement used within the statutory accounts.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the control framework for the external Financial Reporting team and providing support to the wider Finance and Treasury team.
- Responsible for the co-ordination and planning of financial reporting deliverables across the team ensuring timely review and delivery and documentation of clear roles and responsibilities.
- Supporting with the performance management and development of two statutory reporting accountants, plus providing additional support to the financial control and FP&A teams on technical and statutory reporting matters and mentoring to other team members.
- Support with ad-hoc financial reporting developments and projects, as and when required.
- Management of senior stakeholders around the group, liaising directly with:
- The Group FD in explaining key areas of the Group's statutory reporting,
- Other senior members of the Finance and Treasury management teams
- The external auditors both in planning the audit and addressing technical issues
- Qualified ACA or similar with experience in producing group and multiple subsidiary accounts
- Highly organised and efficient with an ability to work under pressure and deliver to agreed deadlines
- IFRS knowledge and IAS39/IFRS9 financial instruments experience
- Experience the review, design, implementation and documentation of control frameworks
- Strong communication, collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Strong focus on the quality of work with attention to detail
For further information on this outstanding opportunity please contact Neil Rogerson on 01612147400 or firstname.lastname@example.org