13 days ago
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. As a reliable partner to government, business and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps its customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life. OS expertise and data supports efficient public services and infrastructure, new technologies in transport and communications, national security and emergency services and exploring the great outdoors. By being at the forefront of geospatial capability for more than 225 years, we’ve built a reputation as the world’s most inspiring and trusted geospatial partner.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a range people from across the business. In this role you will be involved in a wide variety of activities including:
- Supporting the FP&A Manager in the delivery of the financial planning cycles; strategic plan, annual budget and in year forecasting
- Supporting the Commissioning & Delivery Boards and Central Finance in analysing and understanding monthly financial results and projected year end outturn of the investment programmes
- Developing and maintaining financial models and providing insight & analysis to support business decisions and commercial contract negotiations
You will be a commercially astute, qualified accountant (i.e. CIMA / ACA / ACCA qualified or equivalent experience) with demonstrable financial analysis experience. You will also have strong data manipulation skills and the ability to turn financial and non-financial data into meaningful information for business stakeholders.
You will also have the following:
- Advanced Excel / financial modelling skills
- Experience with capital projects
- Experience in a commercial environment particularly in relation to multi year contracts
- Experience with SAP / Microsoft Dynamics beneficial
About the Rewards
We want you to love what you do. That’s why our benefits package rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
- Salary – Competitive
- Performance related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week
- 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Plus a suite of excellent additional benefits
About our Values
We're passionate about the four core values that make up our organisation: we're adventurous, incisive, restless and true: -
Adventurous – We go about our work with enthusiasm and energy and we embrace change
Incisive – We identify the key issues and seek clarity to make effective decisions and find a way forward. We challenge overly complex processes to find simple and responsive solutions
Restless – We’re hungry to achieve and deliver to our objectives and we’re continually looking for better ways to add value through continuous improvement
True - We communicate openly/honestly and transparently, delivering on promises to our colleagues and customers. We are open to both giving and receiving feedback
We’re always happy to hear from you, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or find us on Facebook.
Location: This role will be based at our Headquarters in Southampton.
To apply: Please upload your covering letter and CV demonstrating your suitability for the role.
Closing date: 25 June 2019