City of London, London
£75000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus
11 days ago
Financial Controller - Private Property Group - OUR CLIENT is a highly successful international private property group with substantial property holdings across multiple asset classes and spread across multiple SPVs and structures. . As a result of recent reorganisation, they have instructed us to help them identify a new financial controller for their UK real estate businesses.
THE ROLE will report to the CFO and assist with the day to day running, production and review of multiple sets of financial accounts, tax filings and returns and the set up and ongoing administration and compliance for new companies / property acquisitions. The role will include but not be limited to:
- Both producing and reviewing financial and statutory accounts (IFRS / UK GAAP) for multiple UK Property owning companies and SPVs etc.
- Assisting the CFO in the day to day management of a team of part and fully qualified accountants and reviewing / signing off accounts.
- Reviewing and producing VAT returns and TAX comps and preparing ATED returns, CIS returns, SA700's etc.
- Filing and reviewing multiple NRL accounts and statements including P&L and balance sheet review and analysis.
- Reviewing bank loan reporting.
- Ensuring compliance of filings and returns and reviewing for sign off.
- Managing audited entities.
- Setting up new accounts and all associated documentation and reporting for new companies on the back of acquisitions.
- Supporting and managing insurance set up and renewal for companies.
THE PERSON: To apply, you MUST have property / real estate sector exposure and be an experienced qualified (ACA / ACCA) accountant with detailed exposure to both financial and statutory accounting (IFRS / UK GAAP) as well as Tax / VAT. You will also be able to demonstrate experience of accounting for SPVs or similar and possess substantial exposure to Property investments / holdings. You will not only possess a 'can do' and 'hands on' work ethic but will also show the ability to review, oversee and guide the work of others both internally and externally. You will be a strong communicator with a robust personality and be detail orientated. This is a rare opportunity to join a highly successful and diverse group who are highly acquisitive and active in the market place.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook