City of London, London
£65000 - £80000 per annum
10 days ago
Financial Controller - Pan-European Real Estate - Our Client is an expanding and ambitious investment / asset management company who focus on commercial real estate across Europe. As they continue to grow and create a name for themselves within the sector, they have solely instructed us to help them employ a Financial Controller in order to expand on their team.
The Role will include but is not limited to:
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations, income statements and cash flow statements.
- Managing the business cash flow and optimising working capital returns.
- Liaising with external auditors to prepare statutory accounts.
- Managing relationships with account holding banks.
- Liaising with and preparing tax reporting.
- Managing budgets and forecasting.
- Managing own budgetary controls and cost management strategy.
- Coordinating and liaising with external company directors to manage the administration of group entities.
- Coordinating collection of data from service providers.
- Assisting in developing reporting formats to meet investor and compliance reporting requirements.
- Analysing of data provided and building of data templates and manipulate data reports.
- Supporting the production of investment reporting materials.
- Preparing investor presentations.
- Managing the detailed analysis of investments, portfolios and development appraisals.
- Maintaining department database and create ad-hoc queries as necessary. Reporting distribution for internal and external groups.
- Reviewing statutory and compliance reporting.
- Reviews projects' corporate costs in relation to the budget.
- Implementing, reviewing and improving the financial processes and systems.
- Making payments and organising accounts payable/receivable
The Person MUST be ACA/ACCA qualified with at least 3-5 years' post qualification experience in accounting and reporting and a strong proficiency in using Excel. The preferred candidate will be seeking a 'hands on role in which to potentially grow into an FD in the next 3 to 5 years. Internationale exposure as well as real estate / PE experience is key as is strong technical accounting acumen - consolidations, analysis and reporting being key. Familiarity of property valuations and multi-unit retail experience would be advantageous as would an additional European language (German, French or Polish); however, it is not a prerequisite. Sound knowledge and experience of the retail sector will be helpful. This is a very good opportunity to work for a quasi-start up specialist with a growing pan-European presence.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook