£275 - £300 per day + / £60,000 + Benefits Temp to Perm
14 days ago
6 Months +
Overseeing the day to day running of a small finance team, a hands on role offering the opportunity to grow with the business. The Financial Controller will be responsible for:
- Production of timely and reliable management accounts
- Implementation of financial controls/disciplines
- Weekly metric reporting
- Preparation of cash flow forecasting
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Completion/submission of VAT returns
- Financial forecasting and budget modelling
- Ad hoc financial analysis
- Management of the finance team and supervision of daily activities
- Tax provisions
- Product profitability analysis
- Credit control
- System improvements
- Provision of information/support to external auditors for yearend reporting. Organising all external audit activity
- Provision of financial analysis to support business' commercial decision-making
Who will this suit...
This role would suit someone looking to work in a fast paced and entrepreneurial business, someone who wants to be part of a growing business with high potential. You will be a Fully Qualified Accountant ACA or ACCA Ideally with 2-3yrs + post qualified experience.
We are looking for an individual to lead a small finance team to embed financial reporting procedures and control frameworks and act as the number one to the MD and Chairman of the Business. You will be required to develop and introduce strong financial disciplines, consistent with an SME environment.
You should feel comfortable working in a fast paced and informal environment. You should want to contribute to commercial decision-making and be comfortable, discussing wider business issues. Importantly, you should have drive, energy and strong communication skills. In time and as the business grows there is a clear opportunity to become the Finance Director and create further opportunity for others.
c£300 per day on an initial contract basis with a genuine permanent opening at c£60,000 + Benefits. This role is being recruited on an initial interim basis as this is a newly created role and our client requires someone in situ as a matter of priority due to key deliverables prior to Christmas with an intention for this person to remain with the business longer term should things progress well.