|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Mandy Baines|
|Job Published:||March 06, 2019 17:39|
Financial Controller - Colchester - £50,000 to £60,000 plus benefits
Your new company
A highly successful owner managed business with year on year growth are looking to recruit a Financial Controller, to manage and develop the finance function, produce accurate monthly reporting with key analysis and provide support to the Managing Director and operational management to support growth and business strategy.
Your new role
- Running the daily accounting processes, delivering monthly financial reporting according to applicable accounting standards and to internal and external reporting deadlines.
- Overseeing accurate, efficient and timely transactional processes - payroll, purchase and sales ledgers and cash book with managerial responsibility for an Accounts Assistant(s).
- Preparing and reviewing bank reconciliations, loan schedules, management fees etc.
- Monitoring and forecasting company cash flows.
- Debtor and creditor reporting and management.
- Recommendation and implementation of KPIs for measuring financial and operational performance.
- Interfacing with external bodies - accountant, banks, lawyers, HMRC.
- Interfacing with operational and commercial management to ensure integrity and effective financial control throughout the business.
- Be actively involved in the implementation of new systems and development of processes.
- Support the business with the provision of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting, including the tracking of business performance versus budget and revenue targets.
What you'll need to succeed
- A qualified accountant who adopts a commercial and analytical approach.
- The ideal candidate will have had previous experience in a commercial finance controller or finance manager role, and have experience of managing and developing staff members.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy in work produced.
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines.
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Intermediate to advanced applications software expertise (Excel, Xero plus others).
- Experience in forecasting and budgeting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
What you'll get in return
As Group Financial Controller you will have the opportunity to make this role your own, you will be part of the senior management team working closely with the Group Managing Director and the Board. You will benefit from having support if required from an executive Finance Director to develop your commercial and management skills and also have the opportunity to progress to Finance Director in the future.
This successful and growing business offer a competitive salary and good benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
£65000 - £75000 per annum
Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits
South West London, London
£75000 - £85000 per annum
Group Financial Controller
£80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits