£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Pension, Private Healthcare, Medical
18 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Exclusive opportunity for a highly skilled accountant to join a reputable business in South Derbyshire
Your new company
An impressive, stable and extremely welcoming organisation with big ambitions for the future. As a globally operating SME there are exciting times ahead as the business looks to take advantage of its excellent levels of service and fantastic brand image.
Your new role
As Financial Controller you will join a small finance team and operate as a member of the senior leadership team. Reporting to the Finance Director, your role will be challenging with a broad remit of responsibility, covering the following:
- Staff supervision of the Finance Team
- Management accounts production with commentary
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Overhead analysis & cost control
- Foreign Currency Management
- Treasury Management
- Month end journals - Prepayments, accruals etc
- Stock close down, adjustments and & reporting
- Submission of VAT returns, EC sales & Intrastat
- Analysis if sales data, margins and evaluation.
- KPI Production
- Liaise with HMRC for Tax Enquiries
- Daily troubleshooting to support other functions in the business
- Liaising with the external auditor and assisting with the year end audit
- Assisting in the annual budget and periodical reforecasts.
- Liaising with the bank when necessary.
- Ongoing system management/development
Working within a small department will mean your role is constantly evolving, this will also give you exposure to a broader range of accounting activities and should serve to develop your experience.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Accounting Qualification ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Industry Experience: Manufacturing, FMCG, Pharmaceutical
- Process & System Improvement experience.
- Experience of managing staff
Ideally you will be immediately available, this is to ensure you have a good handover period and are up to speed with your role from day one.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary, including additional benefits - "5 days holiday + bank, pension, private medical.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.