City of London, London
£75000 - £85000 per annum
11 days ago
An exciting position is on offer for a Financial Controller to work in a PE backed start-up in London which focuses on providing consulting services to the healthcare sector.
This PE backed start-up is based in London and has been operating for circa 5 years. Founded by industry experts they boast a wealth of knowledge within the organisation and more recently have secured PE funding which has enabled them to invest in growing the business. In line with this strategy the CFO is recruiting for a Financial Controller.
As the Financial Controller in this consulting business you will lead the day-to-day activities of the function whilst supporting the CFO with commercial analysis, investor reporting, and developing a business partnering culture. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting with responsibility for accounts preparation;
- Ownership of project reporting involving building relationships with consultants and clients where necessary;
- Creation and improvement of KPI reporting and board pack design to drive profitability and reduce costs;
- Development of control framework and implementing systems/process suitable for a growing business;
- Cash management and cash-flow forecasting to support investment decision making;
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested.
A strong applicant for this Financial Controller position will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA);
- Show an ability to build and implement processes and controls;
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge and the ability to lead the day-to-day of an accounting function;
- Have excellent communication skills to build relationships with consultants, senior management, and clients where appropriate.
The offer to the successful candidate will be between £75,000-£85,000 (depending on experience) + benefits.
You will also be joining a rapidly changing business which will provide a range of project work and the opportunity will give exposure to a PE backed environment and the chance for you to build a team.