Bradford, West Yorkshire
£60000 - £65000 per annum
18 days ago
The Controller will oversee the financial, accounting & reporting function and provide value added process improvement to assist the Management Team in determining the best course of action for all its operations.
Our client is a leading Manufacturing/ Engineering business with International reach.
Improving the current routine financial accounting & reporting on a day-to-day basis with the assistance of Accounting staff while looking for ways to reduce costs and improve business processes to facilitate planned growth.
Primary responsibilities include i) direct and oversee administration including payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cost accounting, and forecast/budgeting; ii) developing and monitoring financial internal control systems and functions; and iii) reviewing financial transactions to assure proper controls are in place and that policies and procedures are followed, with detailed duties below.
FINANCIAL/MANAGEMENT REPORTING -
- Ensure the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and reports for operational management
- Responsibility for all journals and final GL balances including review of month end balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the company's accounting records and financial systems
- Preparation of monthly reports for the Finance Director
- Ensure returns for Corporation tax, VAT and other relevant taxes are submitted, payments made on time and all relevant regulations are complied with
- Production of annual statutory accounts
- Interact with Head Office, Division and finance personnel in the other subsidiaries on a regular basis to ensure accurate reporting
- SAP ERP systems to ensure the Company is receiving the best service and related reports needed in a fast paced environment, which will also include a KPI reporting system.
MANAGERIAL & SUPERVISORY
- Effectively manage, motivate and develop the Finance department.
- Supervise & review performance of individuals in the team
- Implementation of a change management culture by challenging & replacing established processes and procedures where necessary
- Liaise with different departments to ensure the Finance department is properly supporting the needs of the operating businesses.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree with seven to nine years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified accounting designation preferred either CPA or Chartered Accountant.
Good communicator, written and verbal, able to establish good working relationships across the business.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Accounting, Database, Design, Development, Human Resource Systems, Inventory, Manufacturing, Order Processing, Payroll, Project Management, MS Excel and Word Processing. Fluent with ERP systems and Financial Reporting systems (SAP and Cognos knowledge preferable).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Chartered or Certified Accountant certification
Competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to progress within a fast-pace and changing business.