Coventry, West Midlands
£50000 - £60000 per annum
26 days ago
Exciting FC opportunity responsible for the finance function, ensuring that financial books and records are appropriately maintained, all financial compliance requirements are met, and driving the long term strategy of the organisation.
My client is a division of a large US owned global business. Onsite at their headquarters in Warwickshire is both an R&D centre and manufactiring operation.
The business is in growth mode and plans to double its turnover over the next three years through both organic growth and acquistion
- The role is responsible for the finance function at the UK Headquarters, reporting into the MD and Global Financial Controller
- Management of two members of staff, training and development
- Local accounting and preparation of monthly reporting packages in accordance with corporate requirements.
- Coordinate with the corporate finance functions (corporate reporting, cost accounting, tax, treasury, and accounting services) to ensure timely and accurate reports/analysis are provided, appropriate journal entries are prepared and recorded, and assist with internal and external audits.
- Works with the Factory Controller & Global Financial Controller to develop operational metrics which help to identify areas where factory performance can be improved
- Assist in identification of risks to business unit performance.
- Review and analysis of proposed pricing and marketing programs to determine the effectiveness of the programs and offer recommendations for improvements.
- Review and communicate proper accounting treatment within the business unit.
- Monitor existing controls for effectiveness. Train functions as required on controls and implement new controls as deemed necessary.
- Documentation of internal controls and management testing of controls - Maintain and audit testing for SOX compliance
- Work with Global Financial Controller to develop the strategic and annual financial plan including sales, COGS, operating expenses, manpower, and capital investment. Lead the preparation of documents necessary to forecast and make recommendations to adjust sales and expense plans. Set schedule to meet corporate targets.
- Assist in development and maintenance of appropriate controls over business unit assets
- Review and audit Capital Expenditure Requests (CERs) prior to submission. Gather data in support of Product Development Operations Review - CER Audits.
- Administer sales incentive plans and quotas. Run impact to structure changes, prepare detailed reporting on individual progress on quotas and detailed calculation of sales incentives.
- Create ad hoc reports to analyze business unit sales, margins and expenses. Perform analysis to determine causes for deviations from plan and prior periods
- Prepares financial analysis and works with the Global Financial Controller to develop the strategy and operating initiatives
- Preparation and recording of monthly journal entries, in coordination with the Global Financial Controller and corporate accounting
- Create reports, which monitor performance towards business unit specific operating targets and goals.
- Assists in preparation and presentation of reports and materials for operations reviews
- Provide data reports to support new product development activities and proactively identify opportunities for cost reduction or improvements on key products
- Assist in implementation of enterprise information systems
- Completion of special projects on an adhoc basis
- Qualified accountant
- Man management experience
- Evidence of strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving ability, organised , analytical; able to work with detailed information and provide high level analysis
- Ability to work independently, working proactively and taking initiative to achieve desired results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (including presentation experience to key stakeholders)
- Strong skills using analytical and report writing software (such as Excel, Cognos tools)
£50,000 - £60,000 plus an excellent benefits package