£75000 - £85000 per annum
20 days ago
Michael Page are exclusively working with a service sector business in the East Midlands to attract a talented Financial Controller who wants to develop their career in a high growth dynamic business.
My client is a leading services organisation with a nationwide presence.
With an excellent infrastructure, clear strategic plan and a sustainable future revenue stream, my client is looking to invest in the finance function, to attract the highest calibre candidate whilst ultimately offering a clear route to Finance Director level. The organisation has an interesting and ever evolving business model including the complex requirements that being listed brings.
Having grown rapidly in the last few years, the business will bring in talent that can develop and grow in line with future plans.
As the Financial Controller, you will take ownership for the delivery of the monthly and annual management accounts and be integral in the half year and year end process including being the main point of contact for the Auditors. The role will partner closely with other members of the key senior management to develop the knowledge and ownership for performance, identifying risk and opportunities.
As the Financial Controller you will:
- Manage, train, mentor and develop the finance team of 11
- Support and challenge the Finance Director strategically
- Form part of the senior management team
- Interact regularly with the operations teams to provide financial and non-financial insight
- Deliver clear and accurate financial information for Group and divisional businesses
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Influence and challenge key stakeholders
This is a great opportunity to join a growing PLC within a key leadership position. Ultimately, there is a clear route to the Finance Director role for the successful candidate with exposure to the board, investors and key industry participants. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated progression within previous roles and the ability to hit the ground running.
To be considered, ideally you will:
- Have a proven technical background ideally from a Big 4 (Top 10 considered) accounting firm
- Be professionally qualified - ACA or ACCA preferred
- Demonstrate strong people management skills - both for the team and of the senior stakeholders
- Have excellent systems skills (financial and reporting) and possible implementation knowledge
- Be in a Financial Controller role within another service lead business
£75,000 - £85,000 + benefits (including share options)