£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + pension, gym membership
15 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
An exciting opportunity to join a leading international education company with a vibrant and dynamic team
Your new company
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading international education company and a vibrant and dynamic small team. The role is based at their head office at Yarnton Manor, just north of Oxford.
Your new role
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Financial Controller will be joining a growing team developing structures and processes around the delivery of a complex event business.
The role would suit a positive and energetic newly qualified candidate (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) with very strong technical skills who is looking for a dynamic company in which to gain valuable experience.
Ideal first role for someone looking to make their first step into business from practice and apply the theory into reality, but can translate the numbers on a spreadsheet into the reality of the business.
The successful candidate would need to be proactive and a good communicator with a desire for continuous improvement in all areas. They will be self-motivated and have the ability to work in a complex, collaborative and changing environment while staying focused on key goals, deadlines and objectives.
What you'll need to succeed
● Accurate and timely entry of all accounting transactions into trial balance
● Prepayments and accruals including accurate revenue and cost recognition for an annual event based revenue stream
● Balance sheet reconciliations
● Cash flow forecasting
● VAT reporting, including partial exemption
● Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts and all supporting financial, operational and taxation analyses
● Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss variance analysis and commentary
● Assist in the budgeting and forecasting process
● Preparation, analysis and presentation of monthly budget reports to the operational team
● Management of the purchase order system and reconciliation back to the financial accounts and creation of the relevant accruals
● Ongoing and ad-hoc data analysis and review with the ability to organise data to create and maintain complex financial models that support a variety of accounting and reporting goals
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary and pension scheme
Free parking in a beautiful Manor House location
The job includes use of company gym facilities and fitness classes as well as a free minibus service from Central Oxford and the surrounding area to Yarnton Manor.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.