|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||Up to £60000 per annum|
|Start Date:||ASAP - or notice|
|Contact Name:||Peter O'Sullivan|
|Job Published:||November 01, 2018 10:25|
Your new company:
A charity dedicated to the education of young people based close to Holborn in Central London. The organisation have an income of approximately £16m and significant long term investments and other assets. This is a busy organisation with a dynamic environment. The organisation has experienced steady growth since it was established ten years ago.
Your new role:
The Financial Controller will report into the Head of Financial Reporting and manage three members of staff.
- The Financial Controller will take responsibility for the year end audit files and preparation/supervision of draft statutory accounts for the Group and subsidiary entities in accordance with Charities SORP, Companies Act and GAAP. Liaise with auditors and ensure timetable and deadlines are met.
- Preparation of an annual budget and forecasts for:
- Unrestricted and restricted investments and financing activities
- Depreciation and amortisation of the Trust's assets and goodwill
- Monthly reviews of Central departments/Fundraising divisions:
- Balance sheets control account reconciliations
- All other balance sheet accounts
- Divisional Trial Balances
- Reconciliations for restricted and endowment funds.
- Preparation of all VAT returns, management of all VAT inspections and compliance matters for two entities. Advise schools re VAT issues.
- Maintain fixed asset ledgers for all assets.
- Complete Corporation Tax returns.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the organisation's cash flow and Treasury and preparation of performance reports for the Risk and Audit Committee.
- Assist with the preparation of the organisation's five years' financial plans, including Income & Expenditure, Capital and Cash Flow forecasts.
- To support the Head of Financial Reporting in maintaining and developing an environment of robust financial control as the organisation develops.
- Develop financial systems in conjunction with the Head of Financial Reporting.
What you'll need to succeed:
The ideal candidate for this role will be a strong technical accountant. Candidates who have trained in medium sized audit firms are encouraged to apply but the client is open on background. Staff management experience is preferred. The client is open minded and will consider candidates from outside the charity sector if they have the strong audit and technical accounting experience. Finally you will have ambition and drive to have an impact on this exciting organisation.
What you'll get in return:
The organisation offers a dynamic environment and potential for progression as the organisation grows. They also offer a competitive package of benefits including including 25 days holiday and a generous 11% pension contribution.
What you need to do now
Please apply ASAP if you would like to be considered!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's