City of London, London
£65000 - £70000 per annum
9 days ago
This is an excellent opportunity for a current Banking and Capital Markets Manager in the Big 4 looking to make their first move in to a senior position within industry. You will be an ambitious Financial Controller providing support to the Treasury and Savings team. The successful candidate will need to have a good understanding of Treasury and Savings transactions and products to ensure the measurement and accounting for financial instruments is in accordance with IFRS. You will also be responsible for all subsidiary reporting systems and the maintenance of QRM for hedge accounting.
This award winning bank is a fast paced adaptable and forward thinking business who are doing great things in the market place and going through a really positive period in the company's history. The successful candidate will be coming in to an environment where they will be able to implement ideas and feel like they can make a difference.
Financial Controllers in the business's Financial Control team set the benchmarks for cost control and provide the final checks and balances for all internal control systems and processes ensuring effectiveness and efficiency across the bank. It's a dynamic environment in which to gain invaluable career experience.
- Ownership of reporting systems from an accounting perspective
- Development of QRM cash flow hedge accounting
- Ownership of cost capture, balance sheet, P&L and memo accounts and reconciliation of all subsidiary systems
- Responsible for correct reporting on IFRS9 - SPPI and Impairment
- Managing a team of 2
- Ensuring integrity of financials from source systems
- Lead automation / streamlining finance function
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA) ideally from a Big 4 firm
- You will need a good understanding of hedge accounting, treasury and savings products
- Sound understanding of accounting principles, especially under IFRS9, IFRS7, IAS32 and IAS39
- Excellent Excel skills and the ability to understand SQL coding for QRM
- Experience of managing a small team