£60000 - £70000 per annum
9 days ago
Run the sites finances, support the management team and report to group. Use your manufacturing experience to drive the performance of the site.
Leading FMCG organisation supplying the major supermarkets
As Financial Controller you will lead the process for a robust site budget/forecasting process including communication within the site leadership team and to Divisional stakeholders.
- Optimise site financial performance with a particular focus on operational conversion including direct labour, waste and fixed costs by providing support and challenge to the site and budget holders
- Ensure the integrity of the balance sheet through monthly detailed reviews and maintaining a detailed knowledge of balance sheet items including risks and opportunities
- Provide robust performance management support across labour and waste and ensuring detailed fixed cost reviews routinely take place
- Lead the site Cost Efficiency agenda including tracking of project delivery
- Owner and gatekeeper of the site capital process, including planning and prioritising future spend, maintaining an accurate view of cash spend phasing, monitoring and challenge of project timescales from inception to completion, quality control for all capital proposals being issued from the site and monitoring capital spend
Maintain an eye on financial outlook, looking ahead for changes in future performance required to achieve target and work with the site to develop a plan to deliver, communicating upwards where necessary
- Ensure financial reporting (weekly flash, weekly P&L, month end close) are completed accurately and within agreed timescales
- Ensure costings are completed accurately and within agreed timescales
- Ensure master data is accurate and up to date
- To provide ad hoc activities as required to support the site GFM and Divisional Operations Financial Controller
It is likely that you will have worked in a manufacturing environment previously and will have had exposure to financial and management reporting. You will be a strong communicator and influencer keen to drive performance and to support the management team.
£65,000 to £70,000