|Job Title:||Financial Analyst|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Mandy Baines|
|Job Published:||October 12, 2018 18:52|
Your new company
Market leading global specialist technology business with a UK subsidiary near Colchester, Essex are looking to recruit a qualified or finalist accountant to join the business as Finance Analyst.
Your new role
The Finance Analyst will be responsible for developing the financial business plan and budgets, prepare monthly reporting with analysis of the variances from the financial business plan and provide investment alternatives and analysis on operational performance.
Key Areas of Responsibility Financial Planning:
- Gather and review for reasonableness projected sales and cost assumptions. Identify risks and opportunity and present scenarios to BU management prior to submission to Division/Corporate
- Coordinate preparation of Annual Operating Plan and quarterly forecasts.
- Prepare longer range pro forma financials accompanying strategic reviews as applicable
- Develop models to support financial plans which can generate "what if" scenarios.
- Prepare monthly the "Business Performance Report"
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports on business results, review reports with managers, comment on variances, drive performance improvement
- Maintain reporting on Capital spending and depreciation/amortization
- Identify and investigate variances from plan
- Provide financial analysis and evaluation of investment opportunities i.e. capital spending, restructuring, acquisitions. Ensure investments are based on sound data and well-reasoned assumption and investments meet corporate requirements.
- Respond to inquiries from internal management, Corporate and Division in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist in special projects at the direction of the General Manager or Controller.
- Analyse operations, manufacturing and sourcing supply line
- Perform internal controls and testing activity to comply with SOX requirements
- Provide information and answers to Auditors.
What you'll need to succeed
The Financial Analyst will be a fully qualified accountant or part qualified accountant who is near to completion of their professional accountancy exams. They will have broad accounting knowledge, commercially focused with strong analytical, problem solving and financial modelling skills. They will be a confident communicator who will enjoy working closely with operations and have the ability to provide business partner support.
What you'll get in return
The successful candidate will be offered a highly competitive salary, good benefits package and the opportunity to develop their technical and commercial skills. They will have the opportunity for career progression in the UK and also in the larger international group.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Financial Analyst - FP&A
£45,000 + Benefits
£250.00 - £300.00 per day
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
City of London, London
£75000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + bonus & benefits
£50000 - £52000 per annum