£20 - £21 per hour
9 days ago
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing business in Cardiff
My client offers a niche service to their clients on a Global basis. They have exciting growth plans over the next few years.
The Financial Accountant plays a key role in the finance team and will be responsible for the preparation of draft management accounts, Vat returns, control accounts reconciliation, analysis of costs, special projects (including Sage 200), invoicing, overview of daily accounts operations, and process improvements.
This position reports to the Head of Finance and works closely with all of the central administrative, financial and operational staff.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Analyse financial information in order to prepare month end file, reconcile control and bank accounts, roll forward budgets and prepare draft month end management accounts.
- Check and post Prepayment and Deferred income Journals.
- Stock reconciliation and postings.
- Monitor postings and analysis, in preparation for quarterly VAT return.
- Analyse and review P&L income and costs at month end and as required to ensure correct invoicing and reporting.
- Prepare reports and assist the HOF in highlighting trends and any major variances from budget.
- Review financial processes and systems to determine consistency and accuracy of information and acts as an "Internal Auditor" to ensure that controls are being followed.
- Any other duties as assigned by the HOF as required.
You will be a qualified Accountant or a QBE with a minimum of 2 years accounting experience.
Excellent MS Office skills, with advanced level Excel.
Knowledge and experience with SAGE and other relevant accounting software.
An initial 6 month temp contract which will turn to a permanent contract.
Salary c£33,000 - £37,000 (initially on an hourly rate)
37.5 hours a week (8.30-5.00 Monday - Thursday and 8.30 - 2.00 Friday)
25 days annual leave + BH