City of London, London
£50000 - £55000 per annum
6 days ago
I am working with a leading FS Insurance business who are looking for a qualified Accountant to join their business as a Financial Accountant.
By taking on the role of Financial Accountant you'll play a vital part in their vision: to be the leader in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals. This is an exciting time for their business and they are looking to build a strong team to deliver and drive the business forward.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Producing and being accountable for the technical accuracy of financial information to support production of IFRS results and UK GAAP statutory accounts, Solvency II results and reporting templates.
- Planning, coordination and review of submissions from other teams.
- Carrying out accounting processes and controls to ensure the accurate production of information and document work performed to ensure appropriate audit trials are maintained.
- Providing guidance and ensuring appropriate accounting practices are adopted in the production of financial information
- Experience of managing stakeholders and finalising documents
- Providing technical expertise to design technical solutions as part of change projects within Finance where required
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Fully proficient with MS Excel & Word
- Good team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Previous experience within Financial Services is desirable but not essential
- A desire to learn and an interest in potential studies
- Flexible and adaptable