£40000 - £50000 per annum + Civil Service pension, flexible working
24 days ago
Work across the team on a varied portfolio of work, including ensuring the consolidation of accounts runs efficiently, managing fixed assets, liaising with internal and external stakeholders and providing sound financial accounting advice to colleagues across the department.
The client is a well-established Central Government Department with a number of Arm's-Length Bodies. They are based in London and have a great working culture, including flexible working.
As Financial Accountant you will:
- Manage any changes to the accounting boundary of the accounting group, including liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Act as the first point of contact for HM Treasury
- Improve and streamline processes improving accuracy and delivery of all aspects of the data side of the departmental consolidation process
- Manage fixed asset accounting and reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Provide sound financial accounting advice to colleagues across the department
- Assist in ad hoc tasks as required in support of the Senior Financial Accountant (G7) and Deputy Director
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA). You must have some experience of preparing accounts in conformity with relevant accounting standards. It is desirable that you have familiarity with complex accounting systems.
You will require strong attention to detail and the demonstrated capacity to deliver success whilst working towards strict deadlines. You must have strong Excel skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others.
A competitive package is on offer, including Civil Service pension, 35 days of annual leave and flexible working
A dynamic working culture with in-built support and training
Financial Accountant - Public Sector and Government - London