£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
8 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Overall Purpose of Job
- Provision of high quality Financial Accounts. This to involve, the production of monthly Financial Accounts, supplying of advice, guidance and support to staff, managers, customers, suppliers, auditors and Government agencies.
- Ensure all Financial Ledgers are reconciled and promptly closed off each month.
- Have a good understanding of Governmental rules and keep up to date with changes affecting the processing of financial data, e.g. VAT, PAYE.
- Produce the draft Statutory Accounts and Audit schedules.
- Manage the Audit visits and their adhoc requests.
- To assist in the development of Financial Policies.
- To assist in the creation of the Budget and Revised Forecasts.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
- To deliver a comprehensive high quality and professional Financial Accounting service;
- Assist in producing financial statements that are compliant to IFRS / UK-GAAP;
- Prepare ICO and other regulatory returns;
- To lead on and support Financial Accounting projects or work programmes, e.g. Governmental changes, development of best practice, providing a range of training/briefings to non financial staff;
- Support finance transformation/change agenda - implementing appropriate controls: Simplification, standardization and automation of processes and a focus on continuous improvement to support business growth and new product offerings;
- Owning the reporting and analysis process for legal entities within the group, alongside ownership of product P&Ls and Sage department and cost centres;
- Manage reporting - ensure books are closed each month in line with Group requirements and that accounting entries are complete and accurate;
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management information pack including segmented profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, cash flows and commentaries;
- Undertaking detailed review and analysis of monthly P&Ls to support business decision making;
- Interpreting and communicating financial information against budget & forecast to non-financial heads of departments;
- Preparing files for external audit review and assisting with the main and system audits;
- To run the Sales ledger, raising sales invoices and posting to key revenue streams; sending to customers and dealing with any issues arising;
- To run the Purchase ledger, raising and matching purchase orders, posting the invoices, obtaining any credit notes and the production of proposed payments;
- Ensuring reconciliations between the bank and finance systems are performed daily and following through on differences;
- Assist in managing tax filings for UK companies;
- Review and completion of the New Customer / Supplier forms and obtain authorisations for such;
- Perform general ledger and sub ledger bookings;
- Preparation and posting of month end journals such as accruals, prepayments and depreciation;
- Performing analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including intercompany balances;
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.