City of Westminster, London
£275 - £325 per annum
11 days ago
- Opportunity to work for one of the most prestigious publishing companies within the media industry.
- The publishing company is based in Westminster in Central London.
A prestigious and well-established publishing company based in Westminster which has been running for over 100 years. The client is dedicated to supporting, inspiring and connecting its worldwide audience of readers. This opportunity to work as a Financial Accountant within the media industry is second to none.
The key responsibilities of the successful Financial Accountant will include:
- Preparing financial statements for a subset of the groups four hundred and forty subsidiary entities.
- Assist in the application of accounting standards as necessary, including FRS 102 and IFRS.
- Prepare calculations and schedules for the disclosure requirements of UK GAAP and IFRS subsidiaries and IFRS consolidated financial statements.
- Create and maintain accounting spreadsheet models for use within the Accounts Department as the need arises.
- Calculate, post and prepare documentation for intra-group transactions.
- Other ad hoc duties as required by the Senior Financial Accounts Manager.
The successful Financial Accountant will have:
- An ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification (or an international equivalent).
- Have experience in preparing financial accounts.
- Have an outstanding academic record with a strong numerical competence.
- Have a good understanding of accounting standards; including IFRS, FRS 102 and Companies Act requirements for financial statements.
- Must possess good general IT skills and be an advanced user of MS Excel.
A competitive salary and benefits package.