City of Westminster, London
£40000 - £46000 per annum + Civil Service Benefits
25 days ago
Financial Accountant position, ideal for an ACA qualified candidate looking to develop their skillset in a culture that drives learning and development. This role leads in the system used to consolidate financial data from across the group, including the production of the annual report and accounts.
This central government department leads on a large number of extremely interesting and topical areas. The central Finance team is relatively small, thus providing opportunities not always found in a bigger department. Finance is high on the agenda and provides the opportunity for development opportunities for the team and the opportunity to influence the direction of the Department for the future.
This Financial Accountant role sits in the central Financial Accounting and Consolidation Team (FACT). In addition to being the Department's financial accounting Centre of Excellence, the team leads in the production of the consolidated accounts for the Department.
As Financial Accountant you will be a key member of the team who is responsible for:
- The provision of sound technical financial advice to internal and external stakeholders
- The preparation of the Departmental Group Accounts and the Department's Arm's-Length Bodies (ALBs)
- This involves liaising with the ALBs, developing systems, the checking of data collection packs, preparing journals, and assistance with counter party eliminations
- Delivery of the National Lottery Distribution Fund including production of the Annual Accounts
- Preparation, reviewing, sense checking and proofreading of final accounts
- Line management of staff
- Being the "expert user" for the consolidation system
- Liaising with the National Audit Office and ensuring all necessary documentation is available for audit
The team is supplemented at year end by a number of interim staff.
An ACA qualified candidate looking to develop their skillset in a challenging role and a culture that drives learning and development. The successful candidate will be an ambitious individual looking to grow within the department.
Salary up to £45,000, plus Civil Service benefits including pension, generous annual leave and flexibility to work from home
A clear progression structure and development programme