City of London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum
18 days ago
We have an excellent opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join the Finance Reporting team.
The role is within our Finance Reporting team and will contribute to the achievement of the vision for Finance. The team is responsible for the external financial reporting for the UK business including coordination, review and consolidation, group reporting, financial statements and Solvency II narrative and quantitative reporting. We liaise with a number of other teams across the business and our work is high profile.
As an Accountant your responsibilities will include:
- Producing and being accountable for the technical accuracy of financial information to support production of IFRS results and UK GAAP statutory accounts, Solvency II results and reporting templates
- Carrying out accounting processes and controls to ensure the accurate production of information and document work performed to ensure appropriate audit trials are maintained.
- Providing guidance and ensuring appropriate accounting practices are adopted in the production of financial information
- Providing technical expertise to design technical solutions as part of change projects within Finance where required
- Assisting with the planning and coordination of our financial reporting across a number of teams, together with review of results. The team is the key link between Group Finance and finance reporting teams across the UK business.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills & experience:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) 1+ years PQE
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Fully proficient with MS Excel & Word
- Good team player
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Previous experience within financial services is desirable but not essential
- A desire to learn and an interest in potential studies
- Flexible and adaptable