City of London, London
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus
4 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Financial Accountant Media Central London
A successful SME Media business, part of a global brand, based in Central London have an exciting career opportunity for a newly qualified ACA/ACCA to join their dynamic finance team. Based in beautiful offices in Central London, the business are recruiting an ambitious Financial Accountant due to recent promotions and strong growth.
If you are a newly qualified ACA/ACCA accountant looking to make your first move from a small/mid- tier accountancy practice into industry, this could be an ideal move.
About the company
The company culture is progressive and the business take pride in recruiting top talent and retention of employees. They are looking to invest in someone who will add a lot of value to their finance team and ultimately the business. The role itself is wide-ranging and challenging and is ideal for someone wanting a broad finance skillset that will leverage you into a finance manager/FC role in the future.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:-
- Production of accurate and timely period-end and year-end packs Helping to produce budgets and forecasts for the site
- Working closely with the Financial Controller to influence decision making for the business
- Preparation of VAT submission
- Responsible for producing high quality, meaningful and timely monthly management accounts
- Responsibility for Inter company balances and reconciliations (with Purchase Ledger and Credit Control)
- Review of Accounts Assistant work (Bank Reconciliations, accruals and prepayments)
- Working closely with the Financial Controller to ensure the period-end is accurate, completed in a timely manner and runs smoothly
- Ad hoc projects and analysis
- The ideal candidate for this role will be: ACA/ACCA qualified, 2017-2018 Qualified
- Degree educated, good A'level results
- Experience preparing management or statutory accounts for SME clients UK GAAP & IFRS knowledge Excellent communication skills - a proven ability to converse with peers and senior leaders Self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent attention to detail, organised, with strong problem solving skills.