|Job Title:||Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||£44000 - £47500 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Amber Windley|
|Job Published:||October 04, 2018 13:54|
An opportunity has become available at a prestigious not-for-profit based in London for a qualified accountant to join their Financial Accounts team.
This role will manage a team of 3 permanent staff, plus interims over year-end periods and will lead on UK-wide process improvement projects. You will be responsible for managing the relationship with regional offices and accounting processes relating to UK-wide transactions.
In addition, we are looking for a proactive individual who is able to see the bigger picture as this role will manage continuous improvement projects across systems and processes. This will include the introduction of online banking and streamlining ways of working.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Take responsibility for the planning and implementation of the annual reporting process, ensuring that regional offices receive appropriate guidance and are supported through the process
- Work with colleagues in the across the head office to ensure that the annual accounting pack sent to regional offices meets the needs of regional staff and complies with all statutory requirements
- Work collaboratively with other head office staff to ensure a high rate of compliance with reporting deadlines by regional offices, ensuring that instances of non-compliance are identified and appropriately escalated within the organisation's structure
- Ensure that regional offices returns are reviewed, and clarifications obtained where necessary, that returns are accurately posted into the accounting system and that regional queries are dealt with efficiently and effectively
- Conduct analytical reviews of regional income and expenditure, highlighting any areas of concern and taking appropriate action
- Work with colleagues in the head office to develop and implement a strategy for the development, roll out, training and support of finance systems for regional offices, the support mechanisms currently available, interfaces with other systems and the complexity of the accounts themselves
Who are we looking for:
- A qualified accountant, ideally from an audit or financial accounting background
- A team player who can demonstrate good staff management skills
- Highly organised individual who has the confidence to project manage short and long-term improvement projects
- A forward thinker who enjoys problem solving
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence decision-making and support people through change
If you are looking for a role in financial accounts which offers a lot of variety, responsibility and opportunity to add-value, this is a great role for you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's