45000 - 55000
12 days ago
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We own our razor blade factory in Germany and sell our products directly on our website, meaning we’re able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers.
Since launching in the US in early 2013 we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand, thanks to the over 5 million guys who have trusted Harry’s for a great shave. As part of our mission to become a global grooming brand we launched Harry’s in the UK in July 2017 and we’re off to a very strong start! We’re just at the beginning of our journey here and we’re excited at what lies ahead.
About the Team
The Accounting team at Harry’s is a part of Global Finance and responsible for recording transactions, validating completeness and accuracy, recording and presenting actual results of the financials of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions for the Harry’s brand in the UK.
You probably like the idea of a world where things are black and white but deep down crave a little grey – a little adventure. We are looking for a Financial Accountant who is excited to own, build, and manage the UK accounting processes at a young and vibrant company. At Harry’s, Accounting isn’t only your month-end close type of team. While the day to day job is recording and reporting financial information to the greater business, that’s only the start of what you’ll do. You’ll also work on various special projects across the business, working closely with other functions including operations, marketing, strategy, legal, as well as the wider global finance team.
Here’s a few things that you will do:
- Perform the monthly and quarterly close processes
- Record daily/weekly/monthly journals, including revenue recognition, inventory, accruals and provisions, prepayments, etc.
- Completion of relevant monthly reconciliations
- Creation of monthly group reporting package, including reporting of adjusted financials to group standard with commentary
- Assist with the annual audit, including working directly with external auditors and requests
- Drive process improvement and system development to make the day to day job more efficient
- Work directly with cross-functional stakeholders to solve accounting problems to support the start-up activities
These might describe you:
- Qualified accountant with 3-5 years full time working experience
- Strong technical accounting skills under FRS 102, US GAAP a big plus but not a must for a quick learner
- Thorough understanding of financial statements
- Experience in all things tax (VAT, Duty, Corporation Tax)
- Love all things numbers with a high attention to detail
- Experience presenting and communicating financial results to finance and non-finance personnel
- Microsoft Excel wizard
- Eager to learn, develop and expand the role and your career
- Approachable, enthusiastic, and sees challenges as an opportunity to grow
- Multitasker who can reprioritise work depending on the ever-changing business needs
Here’s who you’ll work with:
- Report directly to the UK Controller
- Work daily with the members of the greater global finance team
- Working closely with FP&A to understand monthly budget to actual variances
- Work side-by-side with the Engineering, Operations, Marketing, and other teams
- Eat team lunch on Thursday and Tuesday bagels with the entire Harry’s team
*Please note, we are unfortunately not able to sponsor Visas