£45000 - £50000 per annum
8 days ago
Reporting to the Financial Accounts Manager, you will lead the Group financial accounting, cash flow management, reporting and control activities, ensuring they are carried out efficiently and in accordance with best practice and UK GAAP.
International retail business
This role proves the successful candidate with the opportunity to develop their skills as a financial accountant in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Reporting to the Financial Accounts Manager, you will lead the month end process, cash flow management, reporting and control activities, ensuring they are carried out efficiently and in accordance with best practice and UK GAAP. You will continually review the internal control / audit environment, highlighting areas of risk and have full responsibility for planning and implementation of the year-end audit process, through to submission.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of the month end process, ensuring all reconciliations and relevant reports are completed in a timely fashion.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and returns.
- Managing the annual audit process.
- Annual budgeting, and regular reporting on actual performance vs budget.
- Cash flow forecasting.
- The development of financial systems and processes, and assisting with the implementation of new systems.
- Responsible for financial governance and the implementation of internal controls.
- Overseeing monthly payroll and related reporting.
- Working with the Finance Director on a range of projects
This Financial Accountant position will suit a technically astute individual who is keen to learn in a high responsibility role. To maximise success, the ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant ACA or ACCA
- Have a strong ability to communicate at all levels
- Be capable working well under pressure
- Have a proven ability to prioritise work and consistently meet deadlines
£45,000 - 50,000