£40000 - £45000 per annum + many benefits
10 days ago
- Financial Accountant position to assist with the preparation of the annual financial statements and monthly management accounts.
- The qualified accountant will look at the inter-company balances and reconciliations including the preparation and consolidation for the UK and US companies.
- Large retail organisation with over 90 stores within the UK and ROI and 4 stores and growing in the US.
- The company have a thriving online presence, and employ over 900 staff in the UK.
- The Financial Accountant position on offer sits within a team of 18 people, reporting into the FC.
Reporting into the FC, key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Financial Controller and Management Accountant to ensure the period-end is accurate, completed in a timely manner and runs smoothly.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts pack for both the UK and US companies.
- Responsibility for Inter-company balances and reconciliations.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts for the UK and US companies, including consolidation.
- Assisting with the annual statutory audit.
- Assisting the Tax Manager with UK and international tax requirements
- Responsibility for instigating and managing monthly internal audit with assistance from the management accounting team.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following credentials/traits:
- ACA/ACCA qualified - Big 4 or top 20 practice trained
- Sound understanding of financial reporting - up to date with current reporting standards
- US experience desirable
- Previous experience working within a retail business preferable
- Excellent communication skills - a proven ability to converse with peers and senior leaders
- Self-motivated, proactive with the ability to take ownership
- Ambitious and commercially minded
- Good time management skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to build excellent working relationships, talking and listening
- Being a brand ambassador
- Being honest and respectful
The full time position, offers a salary range of £40-45,000 and includes a number of benefits including an annual profit share scheme and incremental holiday entitlement.