£45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + PLC benefits
14 days ago
Are you looking to take ownership of the financial and management reporting of a leading UK PLC?
This leading Financial Services business is a leader in its field with reputation for a high performing finance team and as an employer of choice
- Production of monthly financial reports for presentation to senior management including analysis of actuals.
- Analysis of results to ensure accuracy and additionally to explain variances against Plan/ Forecast to Financial Reporting Manager for communication to senior management.
- Ensure that proper accounting records are produced and maintained to support reported results, including reconciliation and other control mechanisms. This will involve liaison with other members of the finance team responsible for production of these accounting records. The primary areas of focus will be:
- VAT returns
- Expense review for payroll tax items
- Accounting for investment in joint venture
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Establishing appropriate accounting policies and practices and reviewing and updating process documentation regularly. Keeping abreast of technical accounting developments to ensure that the impact of changes are understood and applied on a timely basis.
- Liaison with External auditors to ensure that annual and interim financial audits are completed in a timely basis and with no surprises.
- Ad-hoc projects and tasks.
- A qualified accountant (e.g. CIMA, ACA or ACCA) with post qualification experience in industry/ practice.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Oracle would be an advantage
£Great salary + Bonus
- PLC benefits
- Station transfers
- Generous pension