5 days ago
I am currently working with a market leading FMCG business in the Tonbridge area who are recruiting for a Financial Accountant.
My client are a leading light within their field and they work with lots of well known retail brands. This role has come about due to an internal promotion which is consistent with the organisation's culture of offering excellent career progression to its staff.
The role will include but not be limited to the following:
- To ensure that financial information is available to stakeholders across the businesses, on a periodic and ad-hoc basis, which enables fiscal control and provides financial analysis to make informed decisions to support, control and grow the business.
- To be responsible for the efficient preparation, completeness, timeliness and submission of accurate financial information to meet external stakeholder deadlines; including but not limited to VAT, Soil Association and Duty Deferment.
- Ensure accuracy of reporting preparing period end reconciliations, detailing analysis to obtain full financial transparency, including tracking grower loans and customer rebates.
- Ensure all internal reporting deadlines are met, working alongside other finance members where there are interdependencies.
- To be responsible for inter-company confirmations and reporting, ensuring that inter-company transactions are accurately recorded and settled on a timely basis.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of the fixed asset register and adherence to group accounting policies.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of year end packs for Group purposes, ensuring that these are fully completed within the set timescales. To ensure that detailed information exists to support these packs, and that reconciliations are easy to follow and auditable.
- Liaise with the external auditors and provide information as required in order to facilitate the production of an unqualified audit report.
- Participating in the annual budget process and reforecasts with responsibility for balance sheet and cash flow statements and optimization.
- To lead and manage the cashier ensuring full financial control and compliance.
- Manage cash flow forecasts and purchase required currencies communicating to stakeholders.
- Enable and ensure that sufficient documentation exists to substantiate transactions and that this meets IFRS and GAAP requirements.
- Drive process improvements and initiatives that positively influence the function and the wider businesses.
- Contribute to motivation and development of all staff within the finance team ensuring that they achieve individual and collective objectives.
Your profile will be similar to the following:
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified (1-2 years post-qualified).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong IT/Excel skills.
- SAP experience desirable.
- IFRS/UK GAAP experience desirable.
- Technical accounting background preferred.
Competitive salary and benefits package.