4 days ago
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
In the Finance Transformation (FT) team, we improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Finance Functions and generate real insights to help deliver value to our clients. Our mission is to be the leading FT practice in the UK market, to be number one in our focus markets, and to be recognised as innovators in finance technology.
Our IGH Finance Transformation practice is a priority area for significant and strategic growth and the team works with leading organisations across Central Government Departments, Transport, Infrastructure and Business Services.
Working within the Finance Transformation team will provide an unparalleled opportunity to further develop experience in target operating model design and implementation, finance systems implementation (“cloud”), enterprise performance management, process improvement and change management skills, all of which are invaluable in today’s market place. Our go to market approach is business-focused and our solutions are developed around client issues.
As part of this team, you will be working with a broad range of clients from the initial diagnosis stage, strategy formulation and analysis, through to implementation.
• Business development: contribute to the development of and sustaining relationships internally and with client management; supporting the business development activity of senior members of the team (including shaping, developing, contributing to and presenting proposals/bids for future work)
• Engagement delivery: managing projects or work-streams of small to medium size and complexity (including analysing and interpreting data, drafting report findings and preparing and attending client meetings and workshops).
• People development: monitor team members and accelerating development with particular emphasis on coaching and skills transfer
• Practice development: supporting processes and initiatives that are key to scaling the business
You should have strong finance knowledge and demonstrate the following skills:
• Accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA)
• Experience in any of the key IGH sectors, including Central Government, Transport and Infrastructure either in a client facing or finance line management capacity would be beneficial
• Understanding of trends, issues and challenges facing the Finance Function
• High quality project delivery experience and strong knowledge related to our financial management capability offerings (Powered Enterprise, Global Business Services, Integrated Finance Transformation, Enterprise Performance Management, Mergers & Acquisitions, Commercial Development & Insight)
• Experience of working in client facing role delivering high quality work to tight deadlines
• Experience within a project/finance change environment
• Strong work ethic, professional and personable
• Strong commercial and financial analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions
• Good communicator with the personal skills to build strong and lasting internal and client relationships
• Strong people manager, able to lead small teams and develop others
• Flexibility to travel across the UK
• Eligible for SC level of clearance