Finance Systems Manager
|Job Title:||Finance Systems Manager|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Evans|
|Job Published:||October 11, 2018 13:43|
We are currently recruiting for a new Finance Systems Manager, this is a key role within the finance team with responsibility for driving forward progress on all matters related to the company’s finance systems, both within the team and across the wider business, by actively engaging with all stakeholders
LGH was formed back in 2015 to focus on managing the operation of mid and upscale hotels, under global brands, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn. Our portfolio of 21 hotels are in excellent locations throughout the UK. This is a great time to join us as we have exciting future plans to invest and expand our portfolio during the remainder of 2018 and beyond! The role is based in the Holiday Inn Heathrow M4Jct4 and is the Flagship property in the LGH portfolio.
1. Optimise and develop systems and processes to improve efficiency and information:
- Lead the implementation and development of any Financial Systems. This includes scoping and re-design of workflows, consultation with the wider business and Finance team (pre and post rollout, including training), programming of agreed workflow changes and associated testing.
- Ensure proper use and maintenance of Financial Systems, including database management and administration eg maintaining up to date copies for testing, advising on and implementing upgrades and keeping common data accurate
- Liaison with IT team on technical infrastructure aspects systems.
- Review current systems processes and procedures and propose improvements to workflow and reporting processes to improve service and information deliver
- Lead training initiatives for the Finance team and the wider business on all finance systems
- Manage short-term external consultancy resource for specific project initiatives.
- Build close working relationships with third party system providers
2. Support the Provision of focussed, innovative and value-adding Management Reporting and Analysis
- Support Finance team and senior management team by utilising source data, reporting tools, SQL queries including analysis, presentation, design and creation of new automated reports
- Support central finance team with production of monthly financial results pack, with year-end analysis requirements
- Support all external audit requirements
3. Support the integration of new acquisitions into the shared services function efficiently and effectively
- Finance or accounting degree (ideally ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with three years post qualified experience in Financial Performance and/or Analysis.
- A strong track record of working in a commercial environment and be able to demonstrate excellent commercial acumen.
- Experience of working in a corporate environment ideally with experience in the hospitality industry
- Demonstrated commercial mindset and be analytical, interpretive and have a strong problem-solving skill set
- Advanced/Expert Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Highly articulate and analytical – capability to interpret results and in turn support decision making
- Strong systems ability: can comfortably working with data cubes and/or BI Tools
- Able to correlate and sift data from a wide variety of sources and develop an understanding of business performance based on this data
- Good attention to detail
- Able to work to tight deadlines
In return we provide:
- Competitive Salary
- Driven and motivational training & development initiatives for career growth where desired
- Our enviable employee discounts on bedroom rates and 50% discount at our F&B outlets
- Complementary meals on duty
- Complementary parking & uniform
- Pension Scheme
- Everyday discounts at over 1,500 retail outlets
- HSF Healthcare
Minutes from London Heathrow Airport, the Holiday Inn Heathrow M4J4 boasts an impressive 615 guest rooms over 10 floors with three diverse Food & Beverage outlets, including a soon-to-be chic bar and all-day dining lobby lounge, an exclusive Gin Parlour -T6 Bar and Terrace and our established Seasons restaurant. The hotel also has an extensive and fully catered for Conference Centre ‘The Academy’, a fully kitted fitness centre and an exclusive yet convenient Hoppa Shuttle bus service to all Heathrow Terminals.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's