Finance Reporting & MI Manager
|Job Title:||Finance Reporting & MI Manager|
|Job Published:||October 09, 2018 10:19|
We're looking for a Finance Reporting & MI Manager to join our team in London. Reporting to the Head of FP&A, the Finance Reporting & MI Manager will be responsible for producing all key reporting outputs for the AI portfolio, working closely with senior finance leaders across the division, including the CFO. A key responsibility for this high-profile role will be to streamline existing process, increase the quality of insight and help develop the blueprint for next generation financial reporting capabilities.
About the role
As Finance Reporting & MI Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Production of daily and weekly business performance reporting.
- Production of monthly financial MI and executive presentations, including pipeline, customer and KPI analysis, working with brand stakeholders to produce supporting commentary.
- Ownership of bi-weekly forecast templates and consolidation of submissions, including capex projects and headcount.
- Support the centralisation and automation of periodic reporting.
- Working with the Head of FP&A, Data & Insight Business Analyst and brand subject matter experts identify opportunities to streamline existing processes, share best practice and drive consistency of operation.
- Support the budget process through the creation and consolidation of templates; and production of presentation packs.
- Present and implement innovative ideas to enhance the presentation, timeliness and quality of finance reporting.
- Provision of ad-hoc analysis and support to the Head of FP&A, finance team and CFO.
The successful candidate is likely to have experience of finance reporting transformation and will be able to demonstrate exceptional impact from the work they have delivered. As the key driver for evolving how finance across Ascential Intelligence operates the successful candidate will have the opportunity for extraordinary impact and the ability to shape how the finance function and wider business develops into the future.
- High degree of numeracy with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (knowledge of ThinkCell an advantage).
- Must be extremely comfortable building Excel models/reports. Knowledge of macros/SQL would be looked on very favourably.
- Experience of Essbase and Hyperion Planning an advantage.
- Highly personable and comfortable interacting with senior stakeholders.
- Able to work independently, efficiently and accurately in a time sensitive environment.
- Forward thinker who challenges the status quo and drives continuous improvement.
- Attention to detail and a laser sharp focus on reporting excellence.
- Qualified accountant with demonstrable relevant work experience
- Knowledge of how a subscription business operates and associated metrics an advantage.
- First-hand experience of developing new reporting capabilities and process redesign.
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we're passionate about - unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability - whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year - with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world's most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Group Reporting Manager
£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£35000 - £40000 per annum + flexible working, pension, parking