£40000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
19 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Finance Operations Reconciliations Control Lead, Norwich
Your new role
As the Finance Operations Reconciliations Control Lead you will be accountable for implementing General Ledger Reconciliation Control Frameworks & adherence to Rec policies, maintaining a robust operational control environment in Finance Operations as part of the new Operating Model. This role is focussed on delivering consistent global GL close processes across Finance Operations to make Finance better, cheaper and faster. Within this role you will have the GL Close Team reporting into you alongside being responsible for maintaining key relationships with the Finance Operations Director, Global CFO's and CAO's and both internal/external Audit teams.
This role will support and drive global, standard processes for GL Reconciliations across Finance Operations and beyond, applying effective and appropriate control and governance frameworks. Specifically, the following points to be addressed:
- Support GL Reconciliation Controls in accordance with market Service Level Agreements.
- Maintaining the control environment, including data quality, within risk appetites and in compliance with Group Risk Policies and Business Standards; ensuring effective risk management processes and controls (onshore and offshore), via timely reporting and resolution of financial and operational risks and issues
- Leadership and supporting strategic direction for the Offshore Governance Teams.
- Input into the Finance Operations offshoring strategy, shared service model and organisation design
- Influence key stakeholders across the Group to buy into and to deliver the target Finance Operations Model
- Defining, consolidating and controlling demand from multiple sources across the Finance function
- The role holder will ensure that committees and sub-committees, for which he/she is the Chair, are appropriately staffed, and deliver effectively against their Terms of Reference.
What you'll need to succeed
- Recognised accounting qualification
- Capable of working internationally and across multiple locations with ease
- Proven change management and transformation skills set
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement and relationship management
- A demonstrated commercial mind set
- Strong knowledge of insurance market, IFRS accounting & regulatory reporting
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary depending on skills, qualifications and experience
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Excellent range of flexible benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.