£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
21 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
To join a leading organisation in Swindon
Your new company
A leading multi national business
- Management reporting for UK
- Statutory reporting, Provide support/technical guidance across the department;
- Compliance with Accounting Standards and Companies Act;
- Ledger management;
- External auditor interface;
- Submitting group reporting quarterly
- Prepare monthly management accounts which accurately show the current performance of the project entity to entity parent for them to make informed decisions about the current status of the company/ project.
Statutory Accounts and Audit
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts in compliance with IFRS (FRS101) and UK company law.
- Primary point of contact for auditors managing all queries.
- Understanding differences between UK GAAP and IFRS
- Ensure that accounting entries made within entity accounts are compliant with UK/IFRS and Companies Act as relevant across all legal entities.
- Ensuring that accounts are appropriately reconciled and free from material misstatement.
- Preparing and submitting quarterly group reporting returns for inclusion into the group reports sent to ensuring that local GAAP actuals are adjusted into IFRS.
- Reconcile Group reporting system to management reporting system quarterly.
Accounting Reports and project Support
- Provide support to wider Accounting team on interpretation and application of both International and UK Accounting standards, and group directives. Ensure treatment is consistent across the team, latest developments are communicated and guidance is applied by other departments where applicable
- Prepare and review technical memos to support accounting policies and methodologies undertaken.
Required skills and experience
- Familiar with financial statements and accounting principles
- Technical knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Qualified Accountant with recognised body e.g. CIMA, ACA,
- Analytical and detail conscious;
- Accounting experience ideally within a large Company/Group environment
- Ability to deal with complexity, keeping up to date with Commercial developments in a changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to liaise with both finance and non-finance colleagues up to Senior management level;
- Ability to present financial information using appropriate media to senior management.
- Deal with confidential material in an appropriate manner.
- Can Challenge work of others in an effective but sensitive manner.
- Ability to influence stakeholders;
- Ability to balance requirements of multiple stakeholders;
- Understanding of electricity market in the UK and challenges that face the renewable energy industry.
- Knowledge of SAP (preferred)
- Advanced excel skills required
Why you should apply
As well as a competitive salary and impressive benefits package you'll also get the opportunity to really shape the future of our business. Along the way, we'll give you all the support you need to develop your skill set and achieve your long-term ambitions.
committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organisation and to valuing the contribution that our employees make. We welcome and respect differences in culture, background, working style, education and other less obvious differences.
Salary and package details Competitive Salary 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays Up to 15% Pension Up to 15% Bonus Life insurance Family medical care Cycle to work Eye Test/Flu Jab Vouchers Corporate Discount scheme Gym and physio on site - Swindon Subsidised canteen - Swindon Free tea and Coffee - Swindon
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.